Monday, February 9, 2009

Insignificance

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players
Then why don't I find a role for myself?

I stand bemused at the crossroad
For lanes are many but my destination unknown...
Speculating the audacious display of power and brain
I keep shrinking into the absolute nothing I possess.

I,the ardent soldier, am left all bland,
A forgotten thought,a barren land.
I move slothfully with the tainted carn,
Derided,dejected and denounced I stand
Gleaning splinters of my own existential claim.

5 comments:

Shantanu said...

WOW! had Shakespeare read this, Jaques may have spoken a little differently :)
An ardent soldier should never give up, no matter how enervating the times are....

james said...

Subtly pleasing. The words have a sardonic feel about it

Shantanu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr. Ravi Srivastava said...

नमस्कार!
आज मुझे आप का ब्लॉग देखने का सुअवसर मिला।
वाकई आपने बहुत अच्छा लिखा है। आप की रचनाएँ, स्टाइल अन्य सबसे थोड़ा हट के है....आप का ब्लॉग पढ़कर ऐसा मुझे लगा. आशा है आपकी कलम इसी तरह चलती रहेगी और हमें अच्छी -अच्छी रचनाएं पढ़ने को मिलेंगे. बधाई स्वीकारें।

आप के अमूल्य सुझावों और टिप्पणियों का 'मेरी पत्रिका' में स्वागत है...

Link : www.meripatrika.co.cc

…Ravi Srivastava
E-mail: ravibhuvns@gmail.com

प्रसन्नवदन चतुर्वेदी 'अनघ' said...

आप का ब्लाग बहुत अच्छा लगा।
मैं अपने तीनों ब्लाग पर हर रविवार को
ग़ज़ल,गीत डालता हूँ,जरूर देखें।मुझे पूरा यकीन
है कि आप को ये पसंद आयेंगे।
मैं भी वाराणसी से ही हूँ।