Tuesday, February 5, 2008

School Memories-The 10th Class History


All my expectations went into the drain
And my face was the ground flooded with rain,
As tears trickled down my cheek,
And hopes to avoid school became bleak,
I stepped into the school.

I entered the School,as a tiny tot
But frankly saying,I enjoyed my nursery a lot.

And soon I was in primary.
But it was first filled with irony....
For the school times changed from nine to seven
And I was brought back to Earth from heaven.

And now the stress was on the studies
And we were no more called little buddies
We were taught to be disciplined
We were taught to be smart,
We were taught to be obedient
We were taught every art.

And then the competitions and functions
Started in a row
And soon we all started to grow
And more and more logics followed
As more and more formulae we swallowed


And then to the middles we came
And we were adamant to earn fame
Studies were harder,smarter we were too
And faster was the pace with which we all grew.......

And then came up the blast
It was now 10th class
We toiled in the nights
We worked in the sun
As we were determined
To win in the long run

For the prestige of the school was at stake
And we were prepared for the challenge to take
And the expectations over us
Were as heavy as load
And in such an environment
We started preparing for the Board.

And then, Came the Farewell.
And my happiness again went into the drain
And my face again was the ground flooded with rain
As tears trickled down my cheek
And hopes to be in Sophia forever became bleak

I stepped out of the School
Into this NEW WORLD......

4 comments:

Upasana said...

I was not bad even in 10th class, I believe.......what do u say??

randomvisitor said...

very honestly expressed....
all the best.

Shantanu said...

Be prepared for an even stronger deluge of emotions when B. Tech ends and you enter the REAL WORLD :)

Upasana said...

no probs sir.....koi problem hui to aap log to hai naa
aapka sarr khaane aa jayenge :):)